Email from myself

Hi, I receive ransomware email sent from myself, how do I remove this in Cloudflare. help would be nice.

Thank you
Jerome

You can take the same steps as I mentioned in this post 5 days ago:

1 Like

If I already have a smart record, should I just replace the value?

Thank you
Jerome

I would always suggest everyone to lean towards the strictest policies possible, such as e.g. a DMARC REJECT policy, and a SPF ending in “-all

“Just” would be the big deal here.

As with the note mentioned above, “just” changing the policies without caring more than that, could destroy all your legitimate messages

You didn’t mention anything, such as e.g. your domain name, your DNS record(s) related to email, … as well as how you have all your email related stuff set up.

As such, without any crucial information about your current set up, it isn’t possible to tell for sure.

You said “if”.

If you already have one, with any rua (and/or ruf) tags in it, you’re already attempting to steer DMARC reports towards one or some services, which might be able to provide you with the insight you need, to determine whether a such REJECT policy would be possible for your outbound email streams or not.

So, … do you have one, with rua tags?

And if so, … are you regularly checking that service, to see what they have to say?

1 Like