Email from Cloudflare requesting to update nameservers

I have received an email from Cloudflare to update nameservers.
Is it a scam?
After changing it, domain stopped working so I have changed NS back to the original.

Hi @bookkeeper,

You shouldn’t need to change the nameservers unless you move the domain to a different account. If that’s not the case with you, I’m interested in finding out what happened.

I suspect you will need support to see why this happened, as they will be able to check your account. If you already have a ticket open, can you post the number here?

If not, to contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help. Please also post the number here.

When you do get a resolution, please follow up here with the outcome, if you can.

1 Like

Thanks. I have submitted a ticket and will post the reply.

1 Like

Hi there!

This is Tom from Cloudflare. Can you share the ticket ID with me so I can take a deeper look into this? Also, can you share the name servers and domain in question with us (if not done in the ticket already) so we can check which account owns the other name servers and if it might be related to you or if it is indeed a scam/hijacking attack?

Best,
Tom

1 Like