Email don't work at all

Hello, i have “proxied” the lines of the email, but nothing come to the mail. dosen’t work at all. what can i do ? Thanks !!

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with receiving and/or sending e-mails while using Coudflare for your domain name.

Kindly, switch it to :grey: (DNS-only). Cloudflare by default doesn’t proxy the e-mail traffic. Please, find relative information for other options if you’d like to have it protected by Cloudflare at the articles from below under the “best practices”.

Usually, the MX record should point to a hostname such as mail , and the A (or CNAME ) type record for that hostname should be set to :grey: (DNS Only).

Furthermore, if you recently moved your domain to your Cloudflare account, I could try to troubleshoot at first sight without knowing anything other as it could be related to either:

1. Wrongly setup e-mail related DNS records at the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name
  2. Possibly missing some TXT/CNAME records (for SPF, DKIM, DMARC if so?)
  3. You are using a hostname like yourdomain.com which is :orange: (proxied) rather than the unproxied :grey: (DNS-only) like mail.yourdomain.com (possible this one not existing or is :orange: instead of being :grey:) at the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard, in your e-mail client for sending/receiving server (MS Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc.)

May I suggest checking below article if your e-mail records (usually the A mail and the MX record) are configured properly while you are using Cloudflare for your domain name:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.