Email/DNS/Bluehost

Why Wait
Don’t wait for an answer, find it fast! Search for #CommunityTip error:
Example: #CommunityTip 521

I found one example from last year but it didn’t help me resolve the problem. I have talked with Bluehost and they requested I add the MX, which I did. Have spoken with two support agents and its still no resolved. After the second guy, Im stopped receiving kick back emails but no sending or receiving. Any thoughts?

What is the domain?

Make sure any DNS records for mail (usually mail, imap, smtp, pop3, etc) are set to DNS only.

Like this?

And the setup on my computer is imap

Edit the MX record and change the name from revolutioncapital.io to @. It will show as revolutioncapital.io in the dashboard, but enter it as @. At the moment you have created this…

dig +short revolutioncapital.io.revolutioncapital.io mx
0 mx.revolutioncapital.io.

I suspect you need to do that for a number of entries as you don’t have a DNS entry for revolutioncapital.io either.

You also need to create a DNS record for mx.revolutioncapital.io as that doesn’t exist.

dig +short mx.revolutioncapital.io
(empty)
dig +short mx.revolutioncapital.io.revolutioncapital.io
(empty)

It may be better if you can post screenshots of your whole DNS and also what Bluehost is asking you to set.

3 Likes

Add with the @ … The one below is the one Bluehost had me type in

As I mentioned above, you need to edit the “Name” for each entry to @ as this is what is happening at the moment…

dig +short revolutioncapital.io.revolutioncapital.io
dig +short revolutioncapital.io.revolutioncapital.io mx
0 mx.revolutioncapital.io.

The domain name is added to any “Name” automatically so if you type it in, it will appear duplicated as above.

I added @ to both of the accounts. I saw where it added both at the top. Not understanding how i add the dig +short… Do I add two more records? Is the “Type” DS?

Also, thanks for your help. Not as tech savy as I thought I was…

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.