I did a check of my email health using the below site:

It shows the following errors:

• SOA Serial Number Format is Invalid
  • SOA Expire Value out of recommended range
  • Reverse DNS does not contain the hostname
  • Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner
  • Warning - Does not support TLS.
  • 15.143 seconds - Not good! on Transaction Time

My hosting company has suggested that these are all something to do with Cloudflare’s side of things…

Please let me know how I can go about fixing these issues.

Many thanks for your help!

QUESTION
retainly.io. IN MX
ANSWER
retainly.io. 300 IN MX 0 _dc-mx.8f8e89dc588e.retainly.io.

See below post:

I believe you would have to re-check and edit your DNS records at the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard of your Cloudflare account for your domain name.

The DNS record(s) used for e-mail service (usually the A mail record) should be :grey: cloud at DNS tab on Cloudflare dashboard for your domain and the MX record should point to a hostname that is set to that unproxied (usually the A mail ) with DNS only record, otherwise your e-mails will not work as it seems to be the case.

The A mail record should contain the value of an IP address of your hosting provider/email server.

• the hostname (DNS record) used for e-mail send/receive should be :grey: cloud (usually it’s the A mail ), while the MX record should point to a hostname (usually the A mail ) that is set to

Kindly, consider reading the article from belove under the section “ Best practices for MX records on Cloudflare → Follow these guidelines to ensure successful delivery of your mail traffic: ”.

I would suggest looking into below articles how to propperly setup e-mail configuration to make sure it works while your domain is using Cloudflare and is being proxied (:orange: cloud).

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.