Edit CNAME to move from Samcart to Kajabi - domain not working

I was using a custom domain from GoDaddy through cloudfare to Samcart. I now switched my online business to Kajabi and edited the CNAME to endpoint.mykajabi.com. It shows the domain name is active on Cloudfare but when I verify on Kajabi it says

"Your custom domain has not passed some verification steps.

It looks like your CNAME record has not been set to point to Kajabi yet.

Note: it can take up to 24 hours for your DNS host to update the CNAME for your custom domain."

A bit confused becasue it says it is active but still not pointing

Is that CNAME record set to :orange:? It might need to be set to :grey: for Kajabi to verify it.

Yes it is set t the yellow one. How would I change it?

Click on the :orange: to open the editor, then click on it again to turn it to :grey:, then Save.

Got it thanks

Once I have done that, would I need to wait another 24 hours?

I also get this now:

Add an A, AAAA, or CNAME record for your root domain so that partnersinkind.co will resolve.

Add an MX record for your root domain so that mail can reach @ partnersinkind.co addresses.

Try adding a root record that forwards to www:

If you send/receive email for that domain, you’ll need an MX record. Otherwise, you can ignore that message.

Thank you. I did all of this and still not working. Is there someone I can call? A help line or something?

If setting it to :grey: doesn’t get Kajabi to work, you’ll need to contact Kajabi on how to properly configure your DNS.

Okay thanks

1 Like