Edge Certificates - uploading a custom cert while a managed cert is in place

Hello,
we have a Cloudflare managed SSL cert ( .something.domain.com) which expires in less than month. We do not want to renew this certificate.
We purchased our own certificates “foo.something.domain.com” & "
.domain.com" which we would like to upload it into Edge Certificates section.

I have a few questions:

• what would happen if I would upload our certificate right now (through Upload Custom SSL Certificate), but I do not want to have this custom certificate to be active till end of the next week?
    the CloudFlare managed cert should be active, so visitors would be seeing the managed cert if they visit foo.something.domain.com.
  • how can I manually make this switch between certs?

thank you

You can upload it if you have a Business or Enterprise plan. When you do that, your uploaded certificate takes priority over a Cloudflare Free Universal certificate. I’ve not tried having a free cert and a managed cert and an uploaded cert at the same time. But you can certainly delete the managed one once you upload your own.

We have an enterprise plan, so there should not be a problem.

When you do that, your uploaded certificate takes priority over a Cloudflare Free Universal certificate
great, this is what I needed to know, thank you very much sdayman .

1 Like

My personal recommendation, contact the dedicated support engineer who was assigned to your account. He should be swifter and more accurate than the community can ever be :slight_smile:

2 Likes