Edge Certificates pending

Hi,
Yesterday I setup a website on cloudflare. The server already has a valid SSL certificate (Let’s Encrypt). As far as I’ve understood, proxy will only work when the SSL certificate has been validated by cloudflare, which can be seen under Edge Certificates. The status has been “Pending Validation (TXT)” since yesterday. Further Cloudflare says that “Cloudflare will validate the certificate on your behalf. No action is required.”.

I do not understand why my certificate hasn’t been validated yet. Any ideas?

You can try changing CA using this API endpoint - it has resolved similar issues people have had with Universal SSL certificates :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

As part of the setup, did you change name servers to the ones provided by Cloudflare (<name>.ns.cloudflare.com)?

1 Like

Yes I did. Afterwards, I simply enabled proxy, but got the following message from the website:
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

Alright, then try what I mentioned in my first post :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi again Albert. I did the API call, as you suggested. Thanks. Now I have an extra validation pending, which has some extra info including a Certificate validation TXT value" do I need to do anything in regards to that? Like add a txt file on the server or something?

It worked, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.