Edge certificate disappeared, Universal SSL is enabled

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

I see that Edge certificate disappeared. It worked fine before. I have at lease two domains where it happened.

I didn’t disable Universal SSL

What’s happened? How can I renew Universal SSL certificate?

What is the domain name?

Have you searched for an answer?
Yes

Please share your search results url:
Found similar issue, wrote there but my post was blocked as off-top

Describe the issue you are having:
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

What error message or number are you receiving?
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1. Try to switch ssl modes (doesn’t work)
  2. Try to get site directly (set real server IP in /etc/hosts, it works fine, I have valid lets encrypt cert

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
It works fine via Cloudflare in full SSL mode before

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

1. Go to the domain

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
Yes

Please attach a screenshot of the error:

Sorry, but your it is really shitty, that I cannot to add more than one screenshot and any links, but your template form asks me to do that.

Disable Universal SSL, wait a minute and then enable it again - it’ll be at the bottom of that page.

Thank you, the phrase “Disabling Universal SSL removes any currently active Universal SSL certificates for your zone from the edge and prevents any future Universal SSL certificates from being ordered. If there are no dedicated certificates or custom certificates uploaded for the domain, visitors will be unable to access the domain over HTTPS.” scared me little bit, I thought that I couldn’t enable it again and didn’t try it before. Now will try.

It works, thank you. Do you know it is one time failure, or it happens time to time?

I’ve seen it happen for DigiCert’s embargoed TLDs, like .ru, but that’s about it.

https://knowledge.digicert.com/solution/Embargoed-Countries-and-Regions.html

In response to the evolving geopolitical situation in Ukraine, DigiCert is pausing issuance and reissuance of all certificate types affiliated with Russia and Belarus. This includes suspending issuance and reissuance of certificates to TLDs related to Russia and Belarus, as well as to organizations with addresses in Russia or Belarus.

List of restricted Russia and Belarus TLDs:

.by
.moscow
.ru
.ru.com
.ru.net
.su
.tatar
.бел
.москва
.рус
.рф
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.