DTAG - CF Bad routing via TATA

Hey @Cloudflare
it seems since 2 weeks we have a kinda of bad routing to Cloudflare EVE Online Servers from DTAG “Deutsche Telekom AG” which seems to go via TATA.

on this specific route we have a hop which got a significant percentage of packet loss

if-ae-54-2.tcore1.fr0-frankfurt.as6453.net - 52% Packet Loss

could you please investigate this?

Ah again TATA, the usual suspect. I guess that is something for the support. We, the community, can not really inspect this.

there are two ways of solving it:

1. Cloudflare prevents routing to this
  2. the TATA group fixes the issue, as it comes from them

If you want Cloudflare to take action, please open a support ticket and post the #id here, so we can follow it and escalate it internally.

@M4rt1n disi Exactly -100%- the same issue. It’s terrible. This makes me hate both CF, and Deutsche Telekom, but specifically some low budget Indian tech (c’mon, not even worth joking about) routing(?) company.

@Cloudflare please fix this

6. if-ae-54-2.tcore1.fr0-frankfurt.as6453.net      75.4%   130   27.3  28.8  25.4  76.3   9.2

TATA should be boycotted, they’re the Ali Express in their field of work. This is like the 3583459 time they screw things up. Would be laughing about their incompetence if it didn’t have such a negative impact.

Uhhh things are happening:

First things first, the current status of this issue.
We are working closely with our network partners, Advania and Cloudflare, along with DTAG to resolve this issue as quickly as we can. Right now we believe the issue lies with the route DTAG customers take from their clients to the server in something called a ‘Level 3 Network layer’, this is a good step towards a solution which I hope we’ll find soon.

Some of you may have received instructions from me where DTAG was asking for more information and now I’m being asked by Cloudflare to speak to more of you and request more data. I appreciate all the help you’ve already given me and the patience you have shown. If you don’t feel comfortable following the instructions below you don’t have to but the more people provide the data the faster we can figure out a solution.

Here we go!

Stuff todo

Once the file is produced please attach it to this ticket either by attaching it to your email reply or by using the ‘Attachments’ option when you are logged into the Help Center and have this ticket selected.

Thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to assist with this issue.

Any news on this, i’m still having this issue. Anyone else still got it or is it solved for most uf you guys?

Its a lost case, literally the users in the DTAG Forum are recommending a VPN.
The worst part of this is, connection to CF from DTAG runs into russian roulette.

Either I get on IPv4 TATA or Level3, TATA is ■■■■■■ beyond repair.
On IPv6 I either get Telia, which is congested especially in the evening, or TATA.

Level3 seems to be the only peering that is okay, however I have zero influence on that, how CF is deciding that.

Would be nice to get a reply from Cloudflare regarding that.
Especially it seems to mostly affect Business and Enterprise, at least here, since traffic is routed via Telia.
Pro and Free are fine, since they routed somewhere less congested, which is kinda funny, if Cloudflare says they optimize there network and the people pay the most are affected by this.