Doubt in Cloudflare’s Automatic Platform Optimization (APO)

Hello, friends.
This is how the plugin description on the Wordpress website starts. “Speed up your WordPress site by up to 300% with Cloudflare’s Automatic Platform Optimization (APO) plugin.

I have wordpress. My site is well configured. This tool looks tempting to test. But I’m afraid to use it and end up not being able to configure it. I have a little difficulty with these tools in English, because I’m in Brazil.

My question is: Have you ever used this plugin for wordpress from Cloudflare? Does it really work to speed up the site? Do I run any risk?

Thaks your.

This note obviously should be taken with a grain of salt. You would just need a WP site that is slow enough, so after APO it will be 300% faster, since these 300% are relative to the previous speed of the website. If you already cache good, you can still profit from APO as it can easily outperform local cache since it is in the cloud.

But beside that, ofc these 300% do not apply to all pages and this should be clear, but a decent performanc improvement is to be expected anyway sind this caching product is optimized solely on Wordpress.

I have never used it myself, since I did not use Wordpress for about 8 years.

Yes, a lot of people here in the forum showed their pages before and after APO and the differences are noticable.

Depends on your setup. Since no info about this is provided I can’t answer this question.

1 Like

Thanks your very much.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.