Domains stuck in pending nameserver update

Hey folks,

I have a weird issue and I was curious if anyone has any ideas on how to fix it.

I moved a domain without issue to Cloudflare and then purchased a new Domain without issue.

Recently, I’ve been moving myself to the IaC world and accidentally deleted both domains via Terraform.
I added both of them back via the UI and now they’re stuck in “Pending Nameserver Update”. The issue is, that I don’t have a “previous registrar” to update the nameservers on so I feel kind of stuck.

I’ve waited the ~48 hours clicking the “check nameserver” button every few hours with no dice.

Is there any way to set these back up correctly? Do I need to delete them/the subscriptions again and buy them again?

I don’t pay for support (and I know how annoying free support is), but I’ve submitted a ticket for this as well if anyone from Cloudflare sees it. #3232679

Thanks!

One of the domains is donttrustthecloud.cloud

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

All accounts are able to open requests for account, billing, and registrar issues.

You appear to have learned the hard way that restoring a deleted domain that uses Cloudflare registrar requires support to intervene since you cannot change the nameservers. You will want to avoid that in the future.

Since this does require Cloudflare support to resolve and you already have opened a support request, there is nothing to do now but wait. Let us know here if your ticket is closed without resolution.

You appear to have learned the hard way that restoring a deleted domain that uses Cloudflare registrar requires support to intervene since you cannot change the nameservers. You will want to avoid that in the future.

I did in fact learn the hard way :sweat_smile:.

Since this does require Cloudflare support to resolve and you already have opened a support request, there is nothing to do now but wait. Let us know here if your ticket is closed without resolution.

Glad to hear at least they can do something about it! Will wait for them to reply to the ticket.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Domain pending after 24 hours

Good day,

Thank you for providing the ticket number.
One of our team member will look into this

Thank you

Thank you!!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.