Domains off a certain hosting provider not resolving

I noticed that some of my domains, all hosted by the same provider, are no longer resolving when using 1.1.1.1 I get ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED in Chrome. It stopped working about 1 or 2 weeks ago, before it was fine. Using my ISPs DNS it works without problems.

Would be great if someone could point out if this is an issue with a) the hosting provider (that they should fix) or b) based on cloudflare. I’m not a pro, but I hope I provided all the needed info.

Connection information: https://cloudflare-dns.com/help/#eyJpc0NmIjoiWWVzIiwiaXNEb3QiOiJObyIsImlzRG9oIjoiTm8iLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTEuMS4xLjEiOiJZZXMiLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTEuMC4wLjEiOiJZZXMiLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTI2MDY6NDcwMDo0NzAwOjoxMTExIjoiTm8iLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTI2MDY6NDcwMDo0NzAwOjoxMDAxIjoiTm8iLCJkYXRhY2VudGVyTG9jYXRpb24iOiJPVFAiLCJpc3BOYW1lIjoiQ2xvdWRmbGFyZSIsImlzcEFzbiI6IjEzMzM1In0=

Here my other test results:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.228]

C:\Users\M>nslookup ferienhaus-schweden-see. com 1.1.1.1

Server: 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns. com

Address: 1.1.1.1

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

*** Request to 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns. com timed-out

C:\Users\M>nslookup ferienhaus-schweden-see. com 1.0.0.1

Address: 1.0.0.1

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

DNS request timed out.

timeout was 2 seconds.

*** Request to 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns. com timed-out

C:\Users\M>nslookup ferienhaus-schweden-see. com 8.8.8.8

Server: google-public-dns-a.google. com

Address: 8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: ferienhaus-schweden-see. com

Address: 81.30.150.210

C:\Users\M>nslookup -class=chaos -type=txt id.server 1.1.1.1

Address: 1.1.1.1

id.server text =

"OTP"

C:\Users\M>nslookup -class=chaos -type=txt id.server 1.0.0.1

Address: 1.0.0.1

id.server text =

OTP

Note: In my post I was forced to introduce a blank space in front of .com in any of the domain name to get the post out. The refered to website is ferienhaus-schweden-see.com

RCODE is 2 again, likely related to the DuckDNS issue:

@mvavrusa

There’s about ~0.1% failures due to packet loss / unresponsive NS, but it should be working on retry.

Thanks for both replies. The issues was constant and persisted for over 1 week. Now, it all of a sudden started working again, so maybe it is related to the DuckDNS problem suggested by @Judge and the workaround of @mvavrusa has fixed it. If the issue comes up again I will let you know. In the meantime, thanks for the help!

@mvavrusa now it appears as if the issue is back again. Did you make any more changes on your DuckDNS workaround?