Domains giving Error 1014 - CNAME Cross-User Banned

I have been using Clodflare for a long time now, but am honestly still a bit of a noob when it comes to the tech stuff. I haven’t changes anything, but all of a sudden a bunch of my domains are giving me this Error 1014 CNAME Cross-User Banned.

The weird thing is that it has only happened to a few of my domains, but all of my domains were set up the same way. To be honest, I am not sure what I am even looking for in terms of what is causing this. Any help pointing me in the right direction of where to start would be very much appreciated.

Someone else had the same problem today. This makes me think that some provider has moved to Cloudflare and isn’t properly configured for other Cloudflare users pointing CNAMEs to their hostnames.

Have you asked the host you’re pointing to? Maybe it’s a work in progress and they’re still working on getting them all fixed.

Thanks for sharing. I will follow that thread as well and will check with the host as well.

1 Like

I think you are correct. I reached out to the host and they said it is a known issue that they are working on. Thanks again, I appreciate you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.