Domain verification

I have been trying to Verify my account so that microsoft can assist in setting up Outlook. NOT Cloudflare. However, they are uncooperative and state they do not support email and that I am not paid up. I paid for my domain and just need to verify and when verifying a TXT shows up on microsoft side but is not appearing on the Cloudflare DNS report so it cannot be deleted and that is causing issues in setting up Outlook.

Apparently, I cannot set up outlook as a MAP or POP account thus the reason to get microsoft involved and one step is to verify but Cloudflare have not verified. this has been going on for a week now and every time i submit ticket to Cloudflare, they generate an auto response that it is resolved.

It is not resolved. I am not able to use my domain because Cloudflare has a glitch to not be able to verify. I get 48 hours but I am now on day 7!

There is an invalid entry but yet nowhere to delete the TXT v=spf1 include:_spf.hostedemail.com ~all as it doesn’t appear on the DNS report.

Do you mind sharing your domain name? That information makes it a lot easier to examine your published DNS.

You mentioned hostedemail.com in your SPF record. That domain is used by clients of OpenSRS resellers to access their OpenSRS hosted email. You can find a thorough article in the OpenSRS knowledge base that includes a link to instructions for setting up an account in Outlook.

Law Offices of Linda Marie Brown, PLLC (928) 299-2636

CONFIDENTIALITY LEGAL NOTICE: This communication is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity or entities to whom or which it is specifically addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the information contained in this communication is strictly prohibited unless you are the intended recipient and/or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient. If you have received this communication is error or without authorization, please notify the sender at this email address, or via telephone at (928) 299-2636. Also, if you are not the intended recipient, then “destroy” this email.

Thanks for sharing that.

Your mx record for your inbound email appears to be correct for use with OpenSRS hosted email. Your TXT record looks fine, too, as long as you will only be sending your domain email using that same OpenSRS hosted email.

You should be able to get Outlook set up using the the values OpenSRS article along with this section the Outlook setup directions I shared earlier.

You mentioned a a verification TXT record from Microsoft earlier. That sounds like the domain verification process in adding your domain to a Microsoft 365 tenant. That will involve adding a new TXT record in your Cloudflare DNS. The M365 domain verification is necessary for signing in to Microsoft 365 using your domain email address. If you are planning on using M365 for your email, there will be more steps involved, so I’m going to pause for know to give you time to go through what I have shared.

Microsoft ask that I be sure you are aware of the message below. Can you confirm as I really need to get my account synced

Mohammad (Microsoft)

Wednesday, May 18, 2022 2:45 PM GMT

Hello Linda,

Hope you are doing good,

Kindly inform Cloudflare team that will need to verify the txt record to add to O365,

You can refer the below article to add the domain to O365 :

Add a domain to Microsoft 365 - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Docs

Please let us know if any queries.

Regards,

Mohammad

Microsoft 365 Support Ambassador

My working hours: Monday to Friday 13:00 – 21:00 (UTC)

cid:file0_734d641c-f184-425c-a341-1967e89f6e55.png

http://support.office.com

Please visit https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2120533to find out more about our rebranding from Office 365 to Microsoft 365

Law Offices of Linda Marie Brown, PLLC (928) 299-2636

CONFIDENTIALITY LEGAL NOTICE: This communication is intended for use only by the individual(s) or entity or entities to whom or which it is specifically addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of the information contained in this communication is strictly prohibited unless you are the intended recipient and/or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient. If you have received this communication is error or without authorization, please notify the sender at this email address, or via telephone at (928) 299-2636. Also, if you are not the intended recipient, then “destroy” this email.

Whoever you use to manage your Cloudflare account is the party the needs to perform the action requested by the Microsoft representative. To the best of my knowledge Cloudflare does not offer a service where their staff actively manage your DNS records. Typically this action would be undertaken by either you, or your IT service provider if you use one.

Assuming that it is you, you will need to sign into to the dashboard of your Cloudlfare account and create the requested text record.

Cloudflare has a nice explanation of TXT records. (The second link on the word TXT is auto-generated by the forum and points to another guide on adding DNS records.)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.