Domain verification for Facebook

dash-dns

Hello! I use Sprout Social to schedule and post to my social channels. When I prepare post and want to use a photo not associated with a particular article I will be posting to Facebook, I receive a warning that Facebook wants me to verify my domain.

Facebook’s Business Manager then directs me to add a TXT record. All good so far.

Problem is I can’t add my domain (see screenshot) and I think that’s why I am having difficulty getting the link to paste in to the newly generated TXT record. Help!

How does this screen not let you add the domain?

Seems strange right? I type in my domain ‘firstlineeducation.com’ and hit ‘add domain’ and nothing happens! The screen flashes and then the very same box with my domain entered reappears on the screen …

That’s why I am thinking I must have to make changes to my DNS record by adding the TXT first??

Thats something you need to clarify with Facebook then.

Ok thanks. I can’t figure out how to reach Facebook to get this resolved
… any ideas?

The TXT record might be something required for the verification but I dont think it would explain the behaviour you described.

Agreed.

I am going to verify my business another way - there looks like an option to upload my corporation documents to verify my corp registration number and my business address. I’ll try this.

closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.