Domain uses old Cloudflare account SSL

A customer switched domain from cloudflare account and we added it to our own cloudflare account

all the setup is complete and #dig shows our account nameservers working

however when we visit the domain HTTPS, it still shows old account (Cloudflare account) SSL certificate which expires May.

But our certificate expires December 2022

both certificate are edge certs issued by cloudflare

when accessing the website without HTTPS it loads fine on new assigned A & CNAME records

any idea how to get this fixed

How is this different from what you see when it uses HTTPS? (other than the certificate itself)

Did they delete the domain from their old account? (best to not try this if they haven’t touched it since something is working)

How did they set up the domain on their old account? Was it directly through the Cloudflare dashboard, or was it through their hosting?

1 Like

When accessing the website using HTTPS it loads old website hosting

Without HTTPS it loads our hosting server.

Did they delete the domain from their old account? (best to not try this if they haven’t touched it since something is working)

No they didnt I guess

How did they set up the domain on their old account? Was it directly through the Cloudflare dashboard, or was it through their hosting?

Directly

That’s an interesting tidbit. I wonder if the @MVP group has heard this. Usually we only hear about any :orange: connection that goes to the old site. That it only happens with HTTPS enabled is a twist I hadn’t heard of, but it makes some sense.

It’s usually tied to a SSL for SaaS feature where a host would add a client’s domain to the host’s Cloudflare configuration so the client could get SSL. At this point, see if they can ask the old host to completely remove the domain from their system, including any Cloudflare integration.

If that doesn’t work out, please email [email protected] with the subject Cannot remove custom host name and details of the issue. Once you’ve done that you’ll receive an automatic response with a ticket number. Please post that here so we can escalate it. Once you have reached out to Support they will ask you to verify domain ownership of the domain by adding a txt record to the domain in order to verify domain ownership.

3 Likes

May I ask have you removed your domain at your old Cloudflare account after successful and confirmed domain at your new Cloudflare account?

Or, you/we can still find it on your old Cloudflare nameservers which it used on an old Cloudflare account where it has been added?

1 Like

I lost track of that bit and was thinking of an old host. An old account shouldn’t affect anything if the domain is activated on a new account. It’s the recommended approach for people who lost access to their old account.

Have you verified the SSL cert version via SSL Server Test (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs) to rule out web browser caching?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.