Domain Transferred from godaddy but Not Resolving at Cloudflare registrar

We transferred this domain from GoDaddy, we set up the records, but now the domain is not resolving to an IP.
We tried flushing the domain records from Google DNS, but according to this: https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/twista1.com
the nameservers are not working and still pointing to godaddy. while godaddy says the domain is now 100% at Cloudflare controle and they should be the one to resolve the domains,What seems to be the problem?

1 Like

I am stuck at the same situation and the websites are unreachable losing thousands of dollars per day and the support give no reply at all ( has been 3 days )

@sandro can you help please ?

1 Like

@SamRhea or @sandro Can you help ?

1 Like

Please don’t spam with tags to try and get a quicker response. We are mostly volunteers here and help when we have time

Currently your domain appears to point to:
ns26.domaincontrol.com.
ns25.domaincontrol.com.

There don’t appear to be any DNS records there for your domain.

Your domain does appear to be registered with Cloudflare, and it seems like a case of the old registrar Changing the nameservers on its way out. This generally only happens when you transfer very close to the expiry date of the domain and so the old registrar changes the nameservers during the transfer process.

Unfortunately the community are unable to assist here, only Support can fix this issue.

CC @SamRhea

3 Likes

The Support don’t even understand the problem.
Check below their reply. :facepalm::facepalm:
" rui Today at 12:40

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Cloudflare Support and apologies for the issues you’re facing here.

I have checked your domain and we can see you’re not pointing to Cloudflare nameservers at your registrar.

twista1.com.        172800  IN  NS  ns25.domaincontrol.com.
twista1.com.        172800  IN  NS  ns26.domaincontrol.com.
;; Received 180 bytes from 192.48.79.30#53(j.gtld-servers.net) in 164 ms

;; Received 40 bytes from 97.74.102.13#53(ns25.domaincontrol.com) in 21 ms

In order to successfully onboard your domain on Cloudflare please make sure you configure only the Cloudflare nameservers at your registrar. Here they are:

alexis.ns.cloudflare.com
zita.ns.cloudflare.com

Step 3: Change your domain nameservers to Cloudflare

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance here and I’ll be glad to help."

1 Like

Thats a miss on their side but you should have definitely clarified with them that they are the actual registrar.

3 Likes

I think that was pretty self explanatory

Blockquote
“We transferred this domain from GoDaddy to Cloudflare Registrar , we set up the records, but now the domain is not resolving to an IP.
We tried flushing the domain records from Google DNS, but according to this: https://www.whatsmydns.net/#NS/twista1.com
the nameservers are not working and still pointing to godady. while godady says the domain is now moved to CloudFlare and you should be the one to resolve the issue internally,
What seems to be the problem?”

1 Like

Thank you Sorry for the Tags

2 Likes

It probably was, but support agents often need the extra mile :wink:

Just send them a follow-up pointing out they are in control of it.

4 Likes

Hi @BeshoyAtef, sorry for the issue. If you’ve not already, can you share your ticket number? I’ll give it a nudge.

3 Likes

@cloonan Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
The Ticket number is 1659711

2 Likes

Thank you, @BeshoyAtef, I consolidated your tickets in to 711 above and added notes and link to this conversation. I’ve also escalated the request and claimed the ticket so I can keep an eye on progress. Again, sorry for the issues.

4 Likes

Hi @BeshoyAtef, I just received confirmation this is complete:

$ dig ns twista1.com +short
alexis.ns.cloudflare.com.
zita.ns.cloudflare.com.

Can you verify? Also, you may want to click on the grey clouds for the A records in your DNS tab to route traffic through cloudflare.

3 Likes

Hey @cloonan, is there any effort being made to resolve this properly? While allowing users to change nameservers really should be implemented, there should be a 1-click “change my nameservers to Cloudflare provided servers” to fix this situation.

4 Likes

@thedaveCA, +1 on need for vialble long term solution & good suggestion, tagging @SamRhea for insight.

3 Likes