Domain Transfer questions

Hello,

I now have the invite to transfer my Domain Name yet somewhat concerned before taking the plunge. Is it only the URL name that gets transferred, as the title implies, or the whole website?

I ask, as a while back, I renewed the domain name and hosting plan for 5 years. Assuming it’s just the domain name why are some having serious issues; that’s what I don’t understand? Concerned that visitors will loose connectivity?

Almost forgot, my domain name is private and can I retain that feature?

If someone could explain in greater detail I would appreciate it very much.
Lee

1 Like

Only your registration transfers. Your current host already has your money and shouldn’t care. But you might want to ask them about your situation.

There will be no change in your website. If it’s already working here now, it will work after you transfer the registration.

1 Like

Just one final question; I have a .org website and they are listed a fee free yet trying to move it I am getting charged $10.11. I know it’s not much yet what am I paying for here?

1 Like

You have to pay for one year of the domain registration when you transfer to a new registrar. It will be added to your current expiry date.

2 Likes

Many thanks. Just noticed one question not answered: “My domain name is private and can I retain that feature,” as I do not want my personal data advertised openly?

1 Like

It’s on by default @ Cloudflare, see https://developers.cloudflare.com/registrar/domain-registration/whois-redaction/

2 Likes

Sorry! Missed that bit… Yes, it is on by default.

1 Like

Many thanks. So far it’s looking good. However, after reading the link you kindly sent I do have concerns about the last part;

“Some registries do not allow domains to be registered with WHOIS Redaction or WHOIS Privacy. Many of these are country TLDs (ccTLDs) like .uk. Cloudflare does not yet support TLDs that prohibit WHOIS redaction, but we will in the near future

Whilst it sounds like it’s limited to ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 codes does/will this include .org?

1 Like

The part:

Appears to me to say that non of the domains that can be transferred to CF at the moment are affected by this. I have a .org domain and have domain WHOIS privacy so I think it should be fine.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.