Domain Transfer In Limbo :(

I am trying to point my domain to my ClickFunnels account, but the process has fallen apart.

For reasons, I don’t understand, my domain got set up here on Cloudflare.

I now have to “point my domain” to ClickFunnels, whatever that means. Fortunately, I have instructions from ClickFunnels as to how to do this.

But I need a Cloudflare account to complete the task. When I tried to set up a free account, the application required a VAT/GST number with I do not have or need for my business. And that is where my attempt to “point my domain” to ClickFunnels entered a state of limbo.

Although the is of high priority to me, help requests re: free accounts such as mine have a low priority.

I have absolutely no idea of what to do in order to check the status of my request or even better, get it resolved.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

Do you have a specific problem that you would like Community assistance right now?

Can you share your domain name along with your specific requests?

I am trying to point my domain (professional-services-connection dot com)) to my ClickFunnels account, but the process seems to have stalled.

For reasons, I don’t understand, my domain got set up here on Cloudflare.

I now have to “point my domain” to ClickFunnels, whatever that means. Fortunately, I have instructions from ClickFunnels as to how to do this.

But I need a Cloudflare account to complete the task. When I tried to set up a free account, the application required a VAT/GST number with I do not have or need for my business. And that is where my attempt to “point my domain” to ClickFunnels entered a state of limbo.

Although the is of high priority to me, help requests re: free accounts such as mine have a low priority.

I have absolutely no idea of what to do in order to check the status of my request or even better, get it resolved.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Thank you for sharing the domain name. The additional verbatim repetition of the content that I already read in your first post does not help any.

You domain is not currently eligible for transfer to Cloudflare. Cloudflare registrar is an exclusive service that is only available for domains that are using Cloudflare DNS.

Your domain is using Tucows/OpenSRS DNS and your registration is currently managed by HostPapa.

Domain Name: PROFESSIONAL-SERVICES-CONNECTION.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1839709671_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: http://tucowsdomains.com
Updated Date: 2024-01-24T15:36:19
Creation Date: 2013-12-19T11:16:03
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2024-12-19T11:16:03
Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 69
Reseller: HostPapa Inc
Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
Name Server: ns1.systemdns.com
Name Server: ns2.systemdns.com
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: https://icann.org/wicf
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2024-01-24T18:24:15Z <<<
Registration Service Provider:
    HostPapa Inc, [email protected]
    +1.8889597272

In order to use Cloudflare you need to update your nameservers at your registrar to those assigned by Cloudflare. It is important that the nameservers are not updated until instructed to do so by the Cloudflare dashboard.

Are you having trouble creating your Cloudflare account? You mentioned a request for VAT/GST details that do not apply to you. Are you having some difficulty leaving that field blank and moving forward in the sign up process?

Thank you for your reply.

Based on the gist of your reply, am I correct in understanding that the solution to my problem lies with Hostpapa and not Cloudflare?

That really depends. I am still seeking clarification from you on the nature of the difficulty that you are facing.

Thank you for your patience with me as a non-techie trying to get a technical issue resolved.

Here is my situation and what I am trying to accomplish.

I have a ClickFunnels account with nine sales funnels. These funnels use the domain name professional-services-connection dot com. Each funnel has its own keyword.

Until November 2023, I had a website that among other things helped direct traffic to these funnels. At the end of November, instead of renewing my website hosting agreement with Hostpapa, I chose to use the above domain name: professional-services-connection dot com. This was the approach that I had used when I first started using ClickFunnels before I had a website.

In not renewing the website hosting service, I inadvertently failed to renew the registration of the domain name. When I learned of problems arising from this issue, I renewed the registration of the domain name, again with Hostpapa.

Although I renewed the domain name, I didn’t know that it had to be connected with (pointed to) ClickFunnels. Clickfunnels support does not provide specific instructions for completing this process on Hostpapa. It did however suggest that connecting with ClickFunnels through Cloudflare was a popular option.

When I went to Cloudflare to learn how to connect my Hostpapa domain name, I found that my domain was already on Cloudflare. I have no idea how my domain name came to be there. Not only do I not have an account at Cloudflare, I couldn’t open one because the application required a VAT/GST number which I don’t need for my business purposes.

Based on your comments and all things considered, it seems to me that Hostpapa is the appropriate agency to complete the process.

But that raises the issue of what effect the registration with Cloudflare might have on the proposed Hostpapa set up.

If my response raises more questions than it answers, please let me know and I will take another shot at trying to explain the situation.

2 Likes

At this point, your domain is not currently using Cloudflare for anything. Should that change and you find yourself in need of help with Cloudflare, we’ll be here.

1 Like

Perfect

Thank you so much for helping me clarify the issue.

Huge relief. :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.