Domain Transfer CANCEL button not working

I started a domain transfer to Cloudflare, and now need to stop the transfer; however the Cancel Transfer button doesn’t work.

The domain is lever.co.uk

My need is urgent - what can I do please?

I currently have a FREE Cloudflare account.

Thanks!

You should be able to lock the domain at your current registrar. Transfers usually take 5 days to auto-complete if you do nothing to stop or actively approve it.

Hi! The current registrar is Siteground, and they’re saying they cannot renew the domain whilst the transfer to Cloudflare is ongoing. They can’t even give me control over the IPS Tag …

After a failed transfer of our domain name from Siteground.co.uk (TUCOWS) to Cloudflare, a transfer that cannot be cancelled using Cloudflare’s CANCEL Transfer button, a 5-day old (Pro) ticket #2287556 raised with Cloudflare, no action and now no response from Cloudflare, Cloudflare simply kicking this issue into the long grass, our LIVE domain name - used for Enterprise website, email … 26 years long … has now EXPIRED.

How do I get Cloudflare’s action on this? Are they the worst registrar going?

Please help!

Many thanks,
Ian

Hi @user2590,

From what I can see, Tucows appear to still be the Registrar for that domain. They are listed as the Registrar and the IPS Tag is theirs. I would suggest you contact Tucows and see if you can renew the domain with them. It doesn’t look as if the transfer to Cloudflare went through, so I’m not sure Cloudflare can help recover the domain.

I’ll escalate your ticket here to get this checked on though.

Hi Dom - thank you for your response.

Siteground co.uk - which may be an agent or subdivision of Tucows - are the current registrar, and they have repeatedly said that they cannot renew my domain whilst the transfer is still in progress to Cloudflair and that the transfer needs to be cancelled at the Cloudflare end.

No problem, just for context I am seeing this in whois:

Registrar:
TUCOWS Inc t/a TUCOWS [Tag = TUCOWS-CA]
URL: http://www.tucowsdomains.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 25-Oct-1996
Expiry date: 25-Oct-2021
Last updated: 21-Oct-2021

Registration status:
Renewal required.

That would make sense and looks accurate from this:

This seems really odd to me. As far as I understand it with .uk domains, this transfer could never take place while the IPS Tag is still TUCOWS-CA. The status of Renewal required rather than something related to the transfer suggests to me that this will have to be renewed with Siteground.

As I said, I’ve escalated this to Cloudflare Support to check that I haven’t missed anything, but I think the renewal will have to be done with Siteground.

This has been escalated to our Registrar engineering team, we will get back to you as soon as we hear from them.

Thank you for your feedback so far but really …

For the eighth time PLEASE CANCEL THIS DOMAIN TRANSFER !!!

CANCEL IT NOW !!

CLOUDFLARE’S ADVICE REGARDING THE CURRENT REGISTRAR IS WRONG !!

THEY CAN’T DO NOTHING UNTIL CLOUDFLARE CANCEL THIS TRANSFER REQUEST !!

CLOUDFLARE HAS CAUSED MY DOMAIN TO EXPIRE NOW FOR 6 DAYS !!

CANCEL THIS DOMAIN TRANSFER REQUEST IMMEDIATELY !!

THANK YOU !

Best regards,

Ian {redacted}

Unfortunately, shouting at the volunteers here on the community won’t help you with this. I’m sorry if you think my advice is wrong, that’s why I escalated this issue to Cloudflare and it has been passed to the Registrar Engineering Team. You will receive any updates from that on your ticket #2287556, so please follow up with any issues there.

6 Likes

I’m sorry Dom,

I didn’t mean to shout at the volunteers / community but, after 8 days, I hope you will understand that I have to find a way of raising the awareness within the community of the appalling level of support that I have received from Cloudflare.

Appalling compared to every other registrar I have ever dealt with.

I continue to received pointless messages from Cloudflare when I have just one simple request: please cancel this domain transfer.

It wouldn’t be so bad if this hadn’t consumed so much of my time already, and if Cloudflare hadn’t caused our critical, live domain to expire in the meantime.

I am one step away from raising this with Nominet or some adjudicator ombudsman, unless anyone can suggest something less extreme and more effective?

Thank you all again - to everyone - for your help and again, I am sorry.

Kind regards,
Ian {redacted}

1 Like

Thanks for the apology. I completely understand why you are frustrated with this. If I could do more to help, I would. The most we can do is make sure it gets through the right channels to the people who can actually look into it. I presume the only information in your ticket is that they are waiting for the engineering team to get back to them?

1 Like

Hi Dom,

The message on 30 October, from [email protected], was to the effect that a domain lock at the current Registrar was preventing transfer; that I should remove the lock, … etc

That turns out to be wrong - by Cloudflare’s later account this morning.

But that isn’t the issue.

I have always asked Cloudflare to CANCEL the domain transfer.

The email I received this morning said that the transfer had failed, and that my ticket had now been closed.

Yet again - that was wrong. The Cloudflare dashboard still shows the domain as “Transfer in progress”

It appears that no-one actually tried to cancel the transfer; and no-one even bothered to check the transfer status on the Cloudflare dashboard.

Furthermore, no-one checked with me - to ask whether my problem has been resolved - they just closed the ticket!

Really?

I think the service from Cloudflare so far is absolutely appalling.

I have replied by email.

What response do you think I will get?

How much longer should I sit here, patiently waiting?

Many thanks Dom,
Ian

Hi Ian,

I’m sorry to hear this is still going on. Hopefully you’ll get a reply later today, otherwise I’ll hopefully be able to get an engineer to look at it again during US hours.

1 Like

Thank you so much Dom :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi again Ian,

Just to follow up on this, I did get it looked at again and the team confirmed that you should have received a reply earlier today on your ticket with the details.

It looks as if the domain has been successfully renewed with your current registrar and now has an expiry date of 25-Oct-2022.

Hopefully that means it’s all resolved now and your domain is working as expected again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.