Domain Transfer - Auth Code is Not Correct

Transferring a client’s .org domain from Hostmonster to Cloudflare. When I put the authorization code in, I get the following error:

The registry has indicated that the authorization code is not correct. Please re-enter the code again. If you continue to receive an authorization code error, please request a new code from your current registrar.

I’ve worked with Hostmonster, but they can’t do anything but blindly keep resending the same code to our registered email address. I tried manually keying it in (uppercase, lowercase, with and without the dashes).

I’ve been working with Cloudflare support for almost 5 hours, and have gotten nowhere. I’m hoping the hive mind can help me figure out what’s going on. This work is for a nonprofit, so I can’t afford to keep throwing hours at this.

Spent some more time on the phone with Hostmonster today. About an hour into the call, and I feel like I’m on the right track, but it’s hard to tell because I’m having trouble understanding the girl on the other end of the line (accent, low volume, and line noise). Apparently, she was having trouble understanding me as well, because she then sent me the exact same authorization code again.

Says the case will be escalated and I might hear back within a day or two.

Don’t complain about Cloudflare support people - It can get worse.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.