Domain "stuck" with CF partner

I am trying to move a site from MediaTemple to SiteGround. The domain is registered through Cloudflare, but the DNS is managed on MediaTemple via the CF partner API.

I disabled the CloudFlare integration in the MediaTemple control panel. I expected that would allow me to take control of the DNS in CloudFlare. But, when I login to Cloudflare and look at the DNS tab, I see a message that reads “Your DNS zone file is hosted by Media Temple , a Cloudflare partner. Manage your DNS records at their website.”

MediaTemple has no idea why I am seeing this message. They claim they’ve investigated on their end and from what they can see, my CloudFlare integration is completely disabled.

I’m ready to point the domain to the new web host, but the only way I can do that is to update the DNS on MediaTemple - the web host that I’m leaving.

What I need is a way to regain control of the domain’s DNS in Cloudflare.

Any ideas or pointers are greatly appreciated.

You didn’t post the domain name, but if Cloudflare is your registrar, you’ll have to contact Support to set your name servers.

Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button.

I somehow would doubt that. In order to be registered via Cloudflare the domain needs to be AFAIK on Cloudflare, which presumably requires a full setup and rules out a partner setup.

But anyhow, @kbiglione, as @sdayman wrote contacting support is your best bet. They should be able to clarify this and make any necessary changes.

1 Like

Thanks, CloudFlare support finally got back to me confirming that there’s no easy way to take back control of the domain in CF. Their suggestion is to create a new account, add the domain to that account, then contact support about merging it back into my main account.