Domain still pending after more than a week

my domain concordiarotselaar.systems is pending for over a week.

After the domain was registered, I changed dns settings to point to Cloudflare. Yesterday morning my registrar confirmed that the settings were correct, but they updated the dns zone again to make sure.
It’s not my first domain on Cloudflare and I did exactly the same as last time so I’m at a loss as to what I’m doing wrong.
Can you please help me?

You (or your registrar) misspelled Cloudflare:

concordiarotselaar.systems. 3600 IN     NS      kobe.ns.cloudflare.com.
concordiarotselaar.systems. 3600 IN     NS      laura.ns.cloudl**fare**.com.
;; Received 125 bytes from 2a01:8840:18::38#53(v0n2.nic.systems) in 36 ms
1 Like

Would you mind showing me how you obtained that information? Using dig, I get the correct nameservers :

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> concordiarotselaar.systems NS
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 55633
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1352
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;concordiarotselaar.systems.	IN	NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
concordiarotselaar.systems. 84355 IN	NS	laura.ns.cloudflare.com.
concordiarotselaar.systems. 84355 IN	NS	kobe.ns.cloudflare.com.

;; Query time: 4 msec
;; SERVER: 192.168.20.1#53(192.168.20.1)
;; WHEN: Sat Jan 20 20:34:38 CET 2024
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 111

Using dig to scan for NS records does not help you in this case, you need to see the intermediaries.
You could also check with Whois:

dig +trace +nodnssec concordiarotselaar.systems

; <<>> DiG 9.18.18-0ubuntu0.22.04.1-Ubuntu <<>> +trace +nodnssec concordiarotselaar.systems
;; global options: +cmd
.                       85471   IN      NS      d.root-servers.net.
.                       85471   IN      NS      a.root-servers.net.
.                       85471   IN      NS      g.root-servers.net.
.                       85471   IN      NS      e.root-servers.net.
.                       85471   IN      NS      h.root-servers.net.
.                       85471   IN      NS      c.root-servers.net.
.                       85471   IN      NS      j.root-servers.net.
.                       85471   IN      NS      k.root-servers.net.
.                       85471   IN      NS      b.root-servers.net.
.                       85471   IN      NS      m.root-servers.net.
.                       85471   IN      NS      f.root-servers.net.
.                       85471   IN      NS      i.root-servers.net.
.                       85471   IN      NS      l.root-servers.net.
;; Received 239 bytes from 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53) in 4 ms

systems.                172800  IN      NS      v0n0.nic.systems.
systems.                172800  IN      NS      v0n1.nic.systems.
systems.                172800  IN      NS      v2n0.nic.systems.
systems.                172800  IN      NS      v0n3.nic.systems.
systems.                172800  IN      NS      v0n2.nic.systems.
systems.                172800  IN      NS      v2n1.nic.systems.
;; Received 437 bytes from 198.41.0.4#53(a.root-servers.net) in 24 ms

concordiarotselaar.systems. 3600 IN     NS      kobe.ns.cloudflare.com.
concordiarotselaar.systems. 3600 IN     NS      laura.ns.cloudlfare.com.
;; Received 125 bytes from 2a01:8840:18::38#53(v0n2.nic.systems) in 36 ms

concordiarotselaar.systems. 300 IN      A       85.158.214.214
;; Received 71 bytes from 162.159.44.193#53(kobe.ns.cloudflare.com) in 8 ms
1 Like

thanks !

I contacted my registrar again because in their UI everything is correct and since it was pushed again more than 36 hours ago, it should be ok.

A couple of hours later the root servers showed the correct name servers.
thanks for the feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.