Domain showing Error 1014

My domain is showing Error 1014 CNAME Cross-User Banned
You’ve requested a page on a website that is part of the Cloudflare network. The host is configured as a CNAME across accounts on Cloudflare, which is prohibited by security policy

This error is shown in some specific Geo-locations and some location domains are not loading properly and sometimes it is slow. I am getting this error during the weekend.

My DNS settings are as follows.

CNAME _dnslink _dnslink.xxx.on.fleek.co DNS only Auto
CNAME _dnslink.www _dnslink.xxx.on.fleek.co DNS only Auto
CNAME mydomain.link cloudflare-ipfs.com DNS only Auto
CNAME www cloudflare-ipfs.com DNS only Auto
TXT mydomain.link google-site-verification=xx DNS only

This is an intermittent issue. Please help.

If you change the DNS records from :orange: to :grey: then does it work?

It’s odd that it’s location specific.

Tagging @thibault1

1 Like

@ajeesh.kannan It seems you are using Fleek service. You should get in touch with them regarding specific geo blocking.

Regarding 1014, as @domjh points out, changing the DNS records for your website from Cloudflare using :grey: should fix it.
Note this prevents you from using most Cloudflare services however. You might want to consider Cloudflare Web3 service.

Thank you @domjh and @thibault1 .

Yes, I am using the same “Gray” colored Cloudflare DNS. Then only we can verify the domain with Fleek platform.

CNAME _dnslink _dnslink.xxx.on.fleek.co DNS only Auto
CNAME _dnslink.www _dnslink.xxx.on.fleek.co DNS only Auto

As I said during the weekend ( week 23 2022) domain is slow for all geo-location and for some geo-location we found 1014( even though the domain is not using Orange color)

I have reported the same issue earlier aslo,Cloudflare-IPFS hosted domain is not loading

Now we can see the domain is loading fine. I think CF is doing some sort of DNS changes for IPFS during that time or CF 100% supporting the Cloudflare-based Web3 solution for IPFS? I have already checked with Fleek and they don’t have any downtime or maintenance reported.

So the issue is

1. Intermittent slow domain (especially weekend time)
  2. Intermittent error 1014

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.