Domain renewal billing period is 1 month

I have auto-renew on, domain was renewed for 1 year, but the invoice in Invoices & Documents for that shows Billing Period of 1 month. I found out because when I had to provide the invoice, it got rejected because billing period already expired.

On the registration invoice the billing period is 12 months. Is the 1 month period expected for renewal invoices?

I am sorry to hear of your invoice confusion. Domain registration is an annual product. Questions about billing will need to be resolved by the Customer Support team and cannot be resolved on the Community.

To contact the billing team, please submit a new support request from your Cloudflare account directly through the Cloudflare dashboard. Visit https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/support and choose Billing. Please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

Thanks for your reply, the ticket number is 3137762.

Support mentioned that Invoices do not reflect domain expiry dates, only the billing period on which the payment has been made.

That is confusing because the first invoice clearly shows the billing period is one year, until expiry/ next renewal date.

If you have already received clarification from support, I don’t expect that requesting escalation is going to result in a different response. Are you having a disagreement with someone concerning your personal expense reimbursement? Have you shared the response from Cloudflare billing support with them yet?

It’s another party that’s concerned about the invoice, I shared the Cloudflare billing support response with them, they still insist on the invoice that would confirm that I still own the domain, I thinks it is ridiculous because domains can’t be renewed for less then a year and even though redacted the whois also shows that since the renewal date there was no changes and the domain is registered according to my claim.
To be fair the previous invoice did show full year in billing period so I see why this might have raised suspicions.

1 Like