Domain registrations/transfers

Hi

Im currently on the free tier with 1 site registered and 1 tunnel set up.
Am I able to transfer the domain name to use cloudflare as the registrant or is that only for business/enterprise customers?

The reason I ask is I have a domain registered with goDaddy smugmug domains that’s been dormant since i shut down my smugmug gallery some years ago. (wanted to keep the name just in case)
I was looking the other day at transferring it to cloudflare & while getting stuck at a particular point in the instructions google lead me to a community post where the person was stuck at the same point, and the respondent pointed out that domain registration was only available to business customers and to phone sales? But now that I have updated the name servers I see the option to transfer the domain & even a message saying Cloudflare could save me money so I’m a bit confused.

Granted the post was about 12-18 months old so possibly out of date, but just wanted to make sure that wasn’t the case before I initiate a transfer.

Thanks
Grant

As long as the TLD is supported by Cloudflare and there is no block by your current registrar, you can always transfer the domain registration. However it is important to note that you cannot transfer such domains between accounts and that you have to use the Cloudflare nameservers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.