Domain registered with Cloudflare (no Godaddy), how point to Wordpress site deployed in Google Cloud Platform

I have my domain registered with Cloudflare and I have spent 72 hours trying to point my domain to my Wordpress site deployed in Google Cloud Platform but it has not been possible and I would appreciate getting some help.

Here is the issue I am having (explained in 4 steps):

1) I created a wordpress website which has the following address in Google Cloud Platform:
WP address

2) I configured Cloudflare with the following settings:

3) I configured GCP cloud DNS with the following settings:

4) Here is what I get when going to my domain:

As you can see something is wrong and I would appreciate very much if you can PLEASE give me the proper DNS settings or a link with the specific steps to follow for Cloudflare to point my domain to the wordpress site I deployed in GCP.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

–

Ismael Mendoza
[email protected]

A .1 address? That’s highly unusual. Not surprisingly, nothing at that .1 address is listening on Port 80 (HTTP) or 443 (HTTPS).

I see the screenshot saying your WordPress is at that .1 address, but I really think that’s wrong. And I have no idea why they told you that’s what it was. Hopefully they have a Support channel you can contact them through.

Thanks much for your response. Do you mean that I configured the CF DNS settings correctly?

1 Like

The IP address you’re showing isn’t working.

Did you change something? As for me the website seems to work correctly.
Could it be the DNS records didn’t had the time to get updated on your local end? Or that the IP you’re showing might have changed, not sure how GCtD manages IPs but I know GCP Instances tend to get a new IP if you shut them down and start them back up again.

If you did change something please explain so others that come across this problem and look for it have an answer :smile:

No, I simply gave up with Google Cloud Platform after 96 hours of trying with no positive results and pointed the domain to another site I provisionally created outside of the Google Cloud Platform. This process should be as simple as creating an A record pointing my domain to the IP address as you can see on the attached image. However, I will go back to Google Cloud Platform and try again and will post a new feedback once I try again. I really hope someone can help me because I am very interested in using GCP but I can’t use it if I am unable to point my domain to the wordpress site I deployed in Google Cloud Platform. I found a lot of help online for when the domain is not registered with Cloudflare but there is no help at all for when the domain is actually registered with Cloudflare.

Here is the image showing what I did to point the domain to the IP address for the site I created outside of the Google Cloud Platform. It only took me 1 minute compared to the 5,760 minutes I spent trying to do the same thing with GCP but with no positive results.

2 Likes

I am going to try again. I have my domain registered with Cloudflare (no Godaddy), I need to point that domain to a Wordpress site deployed in Google Cloud Platform. I must do this without changing the nameservers because Cloudflare does not allow changing the name servers…
Has anyone gone through this already? Would you please help me? I am scared to try again because the last time I tried doing this I wasted 72 hours with no positive results as you can see above.

I found a lot of help online for when the domain is not registered with Cloudflare and you simply follow the method of changing the provided GCP name servers where your domain is registered, but there is no help at all for when the domain is actually registered with Cloudflare which does not allow changing the name servers…

Make sure you first set everything to :grey: so you’re only using DNS, just like you would with any other name server.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.