I have tried contactig support as this regards a purchase. As I am on the free plan (even when purchasing a domain via the registrar) I have to ask here; what can I or Cloudflare do to get the domain up and running?
Looking at 1. The domain is not pointed to Cloudflare name servers. Contact your domain registrar and ask that they point the domain to your Cloudflare nameservers. is something I tried to do, to no avail.
2. DNS propagation needs some time, wait for recent changes to take effect. it’s been 30 hours since registration; should be propagated by now
3. There is no subdomain configured in your DNS settings or the orgin IP address that was specfied in your DNS tab is incorrect. Does this mean that the first A-record (@) cannot be empty?
4. If example.com does not resolve, that may indicate there is no A record for the naked domain. Go to your DNS tab and create an A record with “@” as name and your origin IP address as the value. this was not set, setting now. Would this result on even an nslookup for nameservvers fail?
This may mean the domain has been suspended or it could just be that something is broken. Have you had any emails from Cloudflare Trust & Safety about it?
This is not correct, anyone with a Registrar domain should be able to open a ticket in the dashboard, make sure you select Registrar as the ticket type. Login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help.
I’m afraid not. I asked someone to look at it but it’s still in the queue and has no update here. Unfortunately the community escalations are very low priority over the weekend and it’s likely to not get a response until Monday. Really sorry, there’s nothing I can do about that.
Yes I did, it even says Registrar Dash Ticket - in the title. Should I create a new ticket?
I did reply to the autoresponse and it did reopen it, Ulrik replied that I am not supposed to get support this way and directed me to the community and marked it as Solved.
I replied to that again and it did reopen the ticket.
Sorry for the late reply but the forum came up with the warning I can not post too much on my first day
As far as I am aware that should not have happened and I’ll ask someone to look into this on Monday.
With regards to this ticket, please reply and link to this thread telling them that a Community MVP has directed you there as this is a Registrar issue that we cannot further troubleshoot on the community. If you get more push back there let me know and I’ll escalate this further.
Thanks and sorry for the trouble this has become, it should not be this difficult.
Thanks @domjh, much appreciated.
Just in case I had created a new ticket this morning (since I couldn’t post) and explained thoroughly that it’s a registrar issue and the status of the domain is wrong (#2391132).
Guess I’ll seen on Monday; wish you a very good weekend!