Domain Redirection not working on phones

Hello,

I’m having an issue with redirections.

We have two domains. Lets say “example .com” and “example2 .com”, where example.com is redirecting to example2 .com using Clouldflare rules.

So, the thing is this. If you write “example .com” in phone browser you DON’T GET Redirected to “Example2.com” and this is the error you recieve: ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.

BUT - if you write it with “www”, “www.example .com” then you get redirected correclty to Example2 .com

THE THING IS - it works in both case on computer browsers, if you write it with or without “www.” it gets redirected to the correct place.

Do you know the solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

Does this situation happen on all phone type devices, android and apple?

Cheers

Hey! Thanks for answering.

Yes last week it was happening in ALL phone type devices, iPhone and Android but Desktop computers was working correclty.

Now I tried in my android tablet, the same thing happens but with a different error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Also, Now I tried with two desktop computers and It is NOT working now - I DON’T KNOW WHY. The same error: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN- (We haven’t made any other changes)

Now I tried from another android phone (it redirected correclty) and I tried with my iPhone and it doesn’t work.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.