Domain redirecting to another domain

Hi,

When I do not use www. before my domain name, messengersofspirit.com this domain is redirecting to another one of my domains, tythespiritmessenger.com.

I don’t want it to do this and need help resolving this issue.

messengersofspirit is run through cloudflare (and kajabi) and tythespiritmessenger is not (ipage and wordpress).

Both are domains are hosted through ipage. I contacted ipage and when they looked into the issue they said that the problem is not with them but on cloudflare’s end.

They said that since the A-record of messengersofspirit is resolving to the cloudflare server, to flush the DNS cache at cloudflare and then try to access the site from there.

I am not 100% sure how to do this or if this will resolve the issue. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

The easiest fix is to redirect non-www messengerofspirit to www. You probably already have a DNS record for the non-www, so just make sure it’s set to :orange: and add the Page Rule shown in the tutorial.

1 Like

Thank you for your response!

I followed the directions you gave and the ones in the tutorial to set up the page rule and unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have fixed the issue. I really thought it would as what you suggested makes logical sense and it sounded like an easy fix. Is there a possibility it will take some time for the new page rule settings to kick in?

I also have an existing page rule, do you think this would cause an issue? I did try changing the order so that the new page rule is 1 and https page rule is 2 but that didn’t seem to change it either. Picture attached.

Thanks again for your help!

Also, I am using kajabi with cloudflare. Since my last comment I went to see if they had info to resolve the issue. They advised to add the following page rules in their support section for this issue with cloudflare…

These page rules are also not working. (Again, I might be being impatient and it’ll take time to take effect so I’ll check in on it again tomorrow)

Here is a picture of the DNS records as they currently are, posting in case you can see an obvious issue here.

Thank you!

It’s redirecting for me. I’m on mobile right now so I can’t dig around much, but it does send me to www.

Yes it’s working for me now! I cleared my cache on my browsers so it wasn’t just reloading the error and after that it started working. Have tested it on a couple of different computers, phones and browsers and all good now.

Thank you so much for you help!

1 Like