Domain Pending Deletion

I have a domain that I mistakenly did not notice it didn’t renew on time and now is in pending deletion phase as of June 4, 2022. Is it possible to save the domain and renew it? I already have a support ticket submitted and the number is 2479212. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

What’s the domain?

If it’s already pendingDelete and not redemptionPeriod then you probably won’t be able to get it back but I’ve escalated your ticket to check.

EDIT: Your ticket 2479212 has been responded to already

For the benefit of anyone reading along, the options for recovery after you’ve let the domain expire are documented here:

https://developers.cloudflare.com/registrar/faq/#what-happens-when-a-domain-expires

It basically depends on how long it has been since you let the domain expire:

Cloudflare currently offers a 40-day grace period for most top-level domains (TLDs). During this period you may renew/extend the domain at any time from within the dashboard but no further auto-renew attempts will be made. For the first 30 days of the grace period, the domain will continue to resolve as normal. On the 30th day after the expiration date, the domain will be suspended and a parked suspension page will be displayed. You may still renew the domain at any time during this suspension period. On the 40th day, the domain will enter the Redemption Period and will no longer resolve to any web page. The redemption period lasts for 30 days. During this time, it may be possible to restore and renew the domain. A restore fee may apply in addition to the renewal fee. Contact your account team for assistance. At the end of the 30 day redemption period, the domain will be placed in pending delete status for a period of five days, after which it will be released and made available for re-registration. The domain cannot be restored or renewed during this period.

In summary, here is what will happen after a domain expires:

• Day 0: Expiration Date.
  • Day 1 - 30: Grace Period (domain resolves normally).
  • Day 31 - 40: Suspension Period (domains resolves to suspension page).
  • Day 41 - 70: Redemption Period.
  • Day 71 - 75: Pending Delete Period.

If you’re in that 71-75 day period your domain will show only the pendingDelete status - in that case, there’s nothing you or a registrar can do - you need to wait for the domain to be deleted and then attempt to re-purchase it as a new domain.

If you’re in the 41-70 day period then your domain status should show redemptionPeriod - submit a ticket to our team and choose the Registrar option and our team will do what they can to help you rescue the domain.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.