Domain not working, DNS not resolving

Hello,

I do onboard my domain to Cloudflare to be able to use DNSSEC which is not supported by my registrar and required for .se domains registered in Sweden.

DNS Propagation Checker - Global DNS Testing Tool is showing Cloudflare’s name servers and according to A record DNS Propagation Checker - Global DNS Testing Tool it resolving to Cloudflare’s severs.

But from my location it is not resolving at all, even after waiting for more than 48 hours.

This is what the terminal returns:

dig meijo.se

; <<>> DiG 9.18.1-1ubuntu1.2-Ubuntu <<>> meijo.se

;; global options: +cmd

;; Got answer:

;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 4110

;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:

; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 65494

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;meijo.se. IN A

;; Query time: 1668 msec

;; SERVER: 127.0.0.53#53(127.0.0.53) (UDP)

;; WHEN: Sat Oct 29 23:41:02 EDT 2022

;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 37

What I need to do from now?

Best regards,

Guillaume

As you pointed out, the domain itself resolves fine. This will be a local issue and is not Cloudflare related, maybe try switching resolver.

Hello,

I’m using the defaults resolver for my ISP and never get any issues with any other domains. Only getting issues with meijo.se .

Guillaume

Well, the domain seems to have a DNSSEC issue.

https://dnsviz.net/d/meijo.se/dnssec/

1 Like

Yes, I’m currently trying fixing it with my registrar. Will update this post once I get more info as they say that the misc configuration is on the Cloudflare side but they will look again.

Not really, you have an invalid DNSSEC configuration on your registrar’s side. Drop that and it should work.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.