Domain not showing up on original account. Unable to transfer to new account

Please help, this has been ongoing for a long time. I don’t know how to move forward.

I am trying to transfer domains between Cloudflare accounts, or at least that’s what I initially thought. When I log into my old account, it doesn’t have any domains registered. But when I look up my domain (715sushi .com) info, it says it tells me this:

Domain Status:

clientTransferProhibited

Nameservers:

MARGOT.NS.CLOUDFLARE .COM

STERLING.NS.CLOUDFLAR .COM

I recently made another account to try to register the domain there, but it has said “pending name serve update” for weeks. Note: it gives different name servers on this new account (carlos.ns.cloudflare .com, fiona.ns.cloudflare .com). Since my old account isn’t showing my domain, I am unable to change the name servers.

You can’t move domains between Cloudflare accounts where you are using Cloudflare as a registrar. You will need to transfer the domain out of Cloudflare to another registrar, then add the domain to the new account (which you’ve already done), set the new nameservers at the new registrar. After another 60 days you can move the domain registration back to Cloudflare if you prefer.

1 Like

I will send you a private message asking about details for that account. Sorry for the issues.

You’re trying to add the domain to that new account, correct? But you indicated the domain name is already registered through cloudflare registrar in an old account. That is the account I will message you about. Sorry for the issues.

2 Likes

Customer is active on 3195352. @sushi715adllc sorry for the issue, I will flag this topic and your ticket for my colleagues.

1 Like

Hi @sushi715adllc, thanks for your patience.
I can see at the moment, that THE WEBSITE is Active, but it is not under any of the email addresses that you specified in the ticket #3195352.

If you want to have the domain on the new account as mentioned in the ticket, you will have to do what @sjr mentioned, and that is

transfer the domain out of Cloudflare to another registrar, then add the domain to the new account, set the new nameservers at the new registrar. After another 60 days you can move the domain registration back to Cloudflare if you prefer.

Hi there, thank you for getting back to me. If it is simpler to keep it on the old account, that may be okay. I guess it doesn’t really matter that we payed for Cloudflare Pro on one account, since the website will be active for another year.

I used the link to try to recover the email. I checked both of our current work emails ([email protected] and [email protected]) and I didn’t receive any email from Cloudflare. Interestingly, I saw the Cloudflare emails on [email protected] from 2022 (before my employment). The email was headlined with “domain transfer complete” and said “your website, 715sushi .com is now registered with Cloudflare”.

I’m not too sure what to do now. I suppose I could just use a different registrar, but wouldn’t I run into the same issue because I wouldn’t be able to change the nameservers at my original account? I’m willing to do whatever you all think is best. Our main end goal is to create emails for our employees, and to do that we have to verify our domain with Google. That’s the most important thing at the moment. Thank you!

Hi @sushi715adllc

Please add your reply to the ticket that has been created for this issue. right now the ticket has been closed as you did not reply within 3 days, but you can reopen the ticket, by replying to it.

Registrar related issues needs to be solved in the ticket and not in the community.

I will lcose this post

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.