"Domain not registered"

Hey everyone! I cannot add my domain to Cloudflare. When I try adding it, it says that the domain is not registered.

Domain: nexcraft.online

I have a .online domain here at Cloudflare. What I see for your domain is:

Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited

And that may be what’s preventing the setup.

@sdayman, the clientUpdateProhibited has nothing with adding a domain to Cloudflare, that’s used to prevent an unauthorized transfer of a domain from one registrar to another i.e. from GoDaddy to Google Domains etc…

@yfrankel01, let me take a look at this, maybe you don’t have something setup in your domain’s DNS or CName sometimes it something mundane like that which causes a problem.

1 Like

@yfrankel01, it appears you have not setup any DNS records i.e. A Records, CNAMES, MX Records etc… that’s why the site is not working. You need to contact your hosting provider’s support to receive that information.

I have those records set up already. Also, I assume clientUpdateProhibited has something to do with transfer lock and I have turned that off.

Edit: I just went on Cloudflare and it suddenly appeared

Ok that’s weird that it would do that… and no clientUpdateProhibited doesn’t have anything to do with what your doing with Cloudflare, you need to turn it back on otherwise your exposing yourself to someone hijacking or stealing (transferring out) your domain from you.

Glad to see that everything is working now.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.