Domain name not pointing to hosting account on Ionos

I am experiencing an issue with my domain name not pointing correctly to my IONOS WordPress hosting account and would appreciate your assistance in resolving it.

Detailed Description of the Issue

Domain Name: [revampedoasis.org]
Hosting Plan: IONOS WordPress Hosting

Despite following the setup instructions, my domain name does not seem to point to the IONOS hosting server. Here are the steps I have taken so far:

1. Obtained DNS Settings from IONOS:
  • IP Address:
  • Any other relevant DNS records (e.g., CNAME, MX, etc.)
  1. Updated DNS Settings on Cloudflare:
  • Added an A record pointing to the IP address provided by IONOS.
  • Added any CNAME records if provided by IONOS.
  • Updated MX records for email services if applicable.

Despite these steps, my website still does not resolve to the IONOS hosting server.

Could you please assist me in identifying and resolving the issue? Specifically:

• Are there additional DNS settings or configurations required on the IONOS side?
  • Is there a delay or specific propagation time I should be aware of?
  • Are there any troubleshooting steps I might have missed?

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your prompt response.

Your DNS has MX records, but no records for your domain or www
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?00cb721c17fd4c118060784f549b565b#dns

Can you show a screenshot of what you have set in the Cloudflare DNS?

1 Like

Any help resolving this issue is appreciated.

You have now added a record for your domain.
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?8847314c147d4a63badd58a215a3c827#dns

It gives a 404 error so likely you haven’t uploaded any content to your hosting, or the host isn’t configured for your domain.

You can delete the 4 NS records that have been imported as they are of no use.

1 Like

even after those corrections I am still unable to change DNS server to point to my hosting on ionos. Do i have to have a buisness account in order to point domain name to ionos hosting?

No. Absolutely not. Your apex name is pointing the IP shown in your screenshot, which is an Ionos address. You do not have a www hostname. If you are not planning on using the name www, that poses no problem.

Have you asked Ionos support why you are being served a 404 page on your site instead of WordPress?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.