Domain name not active - pending nameserver update

My client had registered a domain with cloudflare from his own cloudflare account and also gave me access by adding me as a member. I deleted the website from the dns zone and added it again and now the domain name is pending for a day. Something doesn’t look right and I’m afraid something is messed up by deleting and adding the website.

I see these messages on the dashboard even though the domain is registered via Cloudflare, it is asking to update the nameservers at a different registrar.

“ is not active on Cloudflare yet

Update the nameservers at your registrar to activate Cloudflare services for this domain.“

Also, when I do a Whois search for this domain name, it doesn’t show any info at all. It returns an empty search.

You need to create a support ticket with the category “Registrar” to get that fixed.

Thanks I did. Free support takes so long meanwhile the website is down for 2 days. Cloudflare domain registration is cool and cheaper than others but man, issues like these make me regret my decision to transfer all my domains to cloudflare.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.