Domain is not yet active on Cloudflare

Heya guys,

I’ve just transferred my domain from Google to CF at 0100 on 11/06/2020 (UK time), but I’m still getting the following:

modem7.com is not yet active on Cloudflare.”

I contacted support, and they suggested it could have been something to do with DNSSEC. I’ve disabled the setup of DNSSEC for now as the domain isn’t active, but I’m just curious if I need to do anything further, or if it’s just a waiting game now?

Thanks!

Domain is on Cloudflare and nameservers are correctly set, however DNSSEC is broken. That is something only Cloudflare can fix.

Respond to the ticket and point out that the domain is with Cloudflare and they need to fix the DNSSEC issue.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve updated the ticket, hopefully we’ll get a resolution soon. But as I’m on the free tier, I’m understandably at the bottom of the queue especially with lower staff numbers due to Covid.

Appreciate it!

4 days without a response from CF support on ticket ID #1905996. Really not looking good.

@cloonan

2 Likes

I see the feedback from the engineer from earlier today and have added myself to the ticket along with some notes and link to this thread. Let us know @modem7 once you are able to follow on the suggestion from Support.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

As per the ticket update, I’ve contacted my previous registrar and will reply with the appropriate info once they get back to me with their findings.

1 Like

Why did they tell you to contact the previous registrar?

This was the previous note:

dig modem7.com +dnssec +short
A 13 2 300 20200616162414 20200614142414 34505 modem7.com. FkOV+QprSsN5UA+pS3Qi/056NPAvyjlGuqA0pa1MPumfxa3YJ0txIO/f jORmSny0leTUyThQvZjqeouCL9MNOg==
dig A modem7.com @1.1.1.1

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> A modem7.com @1.1.1.1
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 18878
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1452
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;modem7.com.            IN  A

;; Query time: 41 msec
;; SERVER: 1.1.1.1#53(1.1.1.1)
;; WHEN: Mon Jun 15 10:27:04 CDT 2020
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 39

Above outputs implies there are still DNSSEC at the domain. I have checked DNSSEC has been disabled from Cloudflare side. Could you please confirm you have disabled DNSSEC at previous registra, too? Thanks.

I am surprised by that response. The settings at the previous registrar should be pretty irrelevant at this point as Cloudflare is your registrar now. They simply need to correct the setting in the .com domain.

Aye I was a bit surprised as well, and thought similar.

I’m inexperienced at general web hosting/domain management (I’m an AD/Citrix guy), so I was unsure on the potential solution in this case.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.