Domain is not registerd even with cloudflare nameservers

Hi ,

When i try to add my domain that message appears " MyDomain is not a registered domain".
I confirm it is registered domain and it’s name-servers are

some notes :-
1- the domain is local national one " .com.eg"
2- the name-servers is for sure the mentioned above.
3- It is newly registered domain.
4- It does no have any dns record.

After googling i found that i have to change the name-servers to e.g my web-hosting name-servers ,then add the domain Cloudflare and finally revert back to Cloudflare name-servers .

But
Unfortunately it not easy to change the name-severs , it needs some signed and stumped papers to be sent to local registrar.

So, kindly Is there any other solution to add the domain to Cloudflare.

If it is a .gov domain then sometimes the domain needs to be manually added by Cloudflare before you register it with the correct nameservers, I’m not sure even this will work if you already set the nameservers to a random pair - you would probably still have to change them…

Other than that, not that I know of.

There are a few risks associated with changing your nameservers to Cloudflare’s before adding the site to your account. You are changing the nameservers to point to a service that you don’t yet control. Cloudflare has over 2,500 nameserver combinations but there are a lot more than 2,500 accounts. The nameserver pair you are changing to won’t be unique to you. This is why nameservers are domain specific, not account level. When you add a domain, by default you will use the same pair of nameservers as the rest of your domains, however if the domain has already been added to another accout with the same pair, you will be given different ones to point to. This ensures that the domain is always under the control of the rightful owner, but only works if you follow the correct process to add the site in your dashboard and then change the nameservers to the pair requested.

2 Likes

Absolutely you are right.
So many thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.