Domain giving off 503 errors

Okay, that is clear.

I’ve just tried and it seems as if its not unlinked yet. I will try again tomorrow and see if it’s fixed by then.
I’ll keep you posted!

2 Likes

Okay, after testing just now. More than 72 hours after removing it from Shopify it still doesn’t work when I let the site’s DNS go through Proxy…

Is there any way I can send you my vhost file or something to double check?

I wonder if removing your domain still hasn’t properly removed it from their Cloudflare setup, have you tried contacting them?

I have just opened a support request at their platform.
I’ll keep you posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

So after a bit I finally got the verdict @domjh
Its everyone’s fault except Shopify’s.

I have made a hastebin with the responses (translated using google translate because I’m dutch).
First response: Hastebin: Send and Save Text or Code Snippets for Free | Toptal®
Second response: Hastebin: Send and Save Text or Code Snippets for Free | Toptal®
Third response: Hastebin: Send and Save Text or Code Snippets for Free | Toptal®

Let me know your thoughts and what I could do next.

Thank you in advance!

This is infuriating, I have read all their responses and they seemed to get tied up on the fact that you want to use Cloudflare on top of your Shopify store which isn’t the case at all. You don’t want to use Shopify at all which is why they need to remove the configuration, telling you they can’t do that is incorrect.

Please email [email protected] from the email on your Cloudflare account stating that you used to use Shopify and are no longer using them and that Shopify say they are unable to remove the custom hostname from their account, which is preventing you from using Cloudflare directly.

Cloudflare Support will then have to verify that you own the domain and have to manually remove the custom hostname set up my Shopify.

I’ll also pass on some feedback about this and see if Cloudflare can talk directly to Shopify to try and stop this roundabaout happening in future.

1 Like

Thank you very much, and yes it was quite infuriating.
I will send Cloudflare an email at the email address you provided.

Again, thank you very much for your patience and help.
I will keep you posted with any progress :slight_smile:

1 Like

You should get an autoresponse with a ticket number, please post that here and I’ll escalate it.

1 Like

Hey there,

Sorry for the big headache on this.

I haven’t seen a ticket hit the queue yet. When you open a ticket, post the ticket # here and I can fix that churned hostname (our term for domains that move away from an SSL for SaaS provider) issue.

@domjh @cf-scott Thank you both for the responses.

Here is the ticket number: #2428818
I have added a link to this thread. Just for the record, its about the pctoppers.nl domain :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help and patience.

1 Like

This should be all done now. Please let us know if it’s still not working.

3 Likes

It is working perfectly now.

Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi there,

I’m reopening this because I apparently still have the issue on the https://www. address.
@domjh
Domain giving off 503 errors

Its about the following site: https://www.pctoppers.nl/

I have tried to find any issues in my vhost but this doesn’t show any issues. DNS also seems fine.

Kind regards,
Roel

A little more hammering fixed it. Let us know if you need anything else.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.