Domain disappeared from account dashboard

Client’s domain has disappeared today from our account dashboard without notification, warning, etc. Have a record in the audit log where I purged cache on Sept. 3rd. Not sure why the domain would up and disappear…

Are the name servers still pointing to Cloudflare? If so, are they the ones that your account normally use?

Yep, nothing different in the nameservers since launching this website about a month and a half ago. Website was working well and then today was down (was using Cloudflare for DNS). I went ahead and added the domain again to make sure the website was resolving, however I lost all other DNS records. Also want to make sure any domains don’t just disappear from our account in the future!

1 Like

Also, checked domain blacklists to make sure the domain wasn’t removed from the account for any spam related reasons. All good there…

I recommend contacting Cloudflare Customer Support with this type of issue if you are positive that everything is correct on your side.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you cannot login, email [email protected] from the email address on your account. If you receive an automatic response that does not help resolve your issue, reply and indicate that you still require assistance. And, please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

Hello, I reported the same issue to cloudflare 3 days ago, and my website is still missing from cloudflare, whereas all is pointing on it and my cname and my website are working fine. At last, no oppportunity to change anything, the sent me back to your community, thinking the issue was solved!
If anybody know what to do, I’m in!

Yes I also opened a Cloudflare support ticket which has just been spinning wheels. Here is the last reply I received:

"When setting up your zone with Cloudflare you also need to activate the zone within 60 days. if the zone is not activated within the 60 days,then it will be purged automatically from the account, and you will need to set up again.

If you have any further questions please let me know, so that I can assist you."

Well… The site was activated, live and serving DNS from Cloudflare. Still waiting on a response as to why my domain would up and vanish from the account without notification or reason.

I’ll report back if I ever find out…

When the site vanished from your dashboard, did it stop working?

Yes, DNS records disappeared and the nameservers were pointing to my assigned Cloudflare nameservers so the site went down.

That certainly sounds like the site was active on your account.

You’d have to open a ticket and see if they can find out what triggered the removal. support AT cloudflare DOT com and then post the ticket number here.