Domain delete from DNS after removing from Cloudflare

Hi,
how long do the Cloudflare-Nameservers claim to be authoritive for a domain after it was deleted from Cloudflare?

Background: I have removed a domain from Cloudflare (more than 2 days ago), but the Cloudflare-Nameservers still claim to be authoritive for the Domain.

48 hours should do it. Did you go to your registrar and set new name servers? If you post the domain name, we can take a closer look.

The domain is 0rtt.de and I have deleted the domain at DeNIC.

The nameservers maya.ns.cloudflare.com and wesley.ns.cloudflare.com still claim to be authoritive for the domain.

It does look like you’ve completely deleted name servers for that domain. It could be that if nothing else comes along as SOA for that domain, Cloudflare servers will hold on to it for a few weeks until you set name servers for it.

I bet if you contact Support, they can speed that up.
Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support

I did not delete nameservers for the domain, I did delete the domain itself at the registry.

True, the OP did seem to have deleted the domain from the registry altogether. It currently is in its redemption period though.

As you said, I guess Cloudflare’s support would be the right contact to speed up that deletion on Cloudflare’s side.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.