Domain A DNS doesn't propagate

Hi!
I have a problem with my domain. Yesterday I point the A record to another IP.
Even today the DNS doesn’t propagate. I emptied the DNS cache and test in another devices, nothing happen.
Domain continues pointing to another IP.

The domain is www.3500noticias.com.ar

You have inconsistent Proxy settings. They should both be :grey: or :orange:. Not one of each.

Are those IPv4 and IPv6 addresses on the same server?

I just turn off the proxy trying to make it work. IPv4 and IPv6 points to same server.

Your records are propagating to most places. You have no ‘www’ record, though.

When you enter to www.3500noticias**.com.ar** redirects to www.3500noticias**.com** - That is the old A record. But the new A record points to another server. That’s the problem.

You just said they point to the same server:

If both records are :grey: DNS Only, does the correct server respond? (remember it takes 5 minutes for :grey:/:orange: changes to take effect)

Both NEW IPv4 and IPv6 points to SAME NEW SERVER.
The image in first post correspond to NEW A records.

But, when you enter to the domain, just redirect to old server. The change of A records has no effect.

Even when both are :grey:? That doesn’t make sense. I suggest you leave them set to :grey: and keep an eye on DNSchecker.org for propagation so you can test connectivity to the new server.

I’ll try with both :grey: and let you know.

1 Like

Okay. Seems works fine when I turn BOTH records :grey: but when I turn :orange: stop work and again redirect to old server.

Good to know. Did you change hosting?

It sounds like your old host added your domain to Cloudflare and did not remove it from their SaaS setup. So Cloudflare will route any :orange: Proxied traffic to that other setup. You would have to ask the old provider to completely remove your domain from their Cloudflare integration.

I contacted my hosting provider but they say that don’t have any CF service.
Really I don’t know what to do…

Is this site not the correct one?

Right. That’s the “old site” (migration in progress, testing new server).
The “new site” show a blank page with “test” word.

Where is that old site hosted? I ask because that is the place that controls your domain’s Cloudflare configuration and they need to clear that.

Is hosted on this: nuthost.com (Argentina)
I contacted them early but they say they don’t have any CF SaaS.
Recently had a problem with them and removed the .com domain from CF due a problem with they network.

I don’t see any indication they do use Cloudflare, so why your site shows their content is a mystery.

Please email [email protected] with the subject Cannot remove custom host name and details of the issue. Once you’ve done that you’ll receive an automatic response with a ticket number. Please post that here so we can escalate it. Once you have reached out to Support they will ask you to verify domain ownership of the domain by adding a txt record to the domain in order to verify domain ownership.

They give me this ID #2345543

1 Like

I’ve escalated the ticket. As it’s the weekend, they probably won’t get to it until at least Monday.

1 Like

Okay! Thank you so much!

1 Like