Does streaming video without caching break TOS?

Under Cloudflare terms, it’s stated that:

The Services are offered primarily as a platform to cache and serve web pages and websites. Unless explicitly included as part of a Paid Service purchased by you, you agree to use the Services solely for the purpose of (i) serving web pages as viewed through a web browser or other functionally equivalent applications, including rendering Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) or other functional equivalents, and (ii) serving web APIs subject to the restrictions set forth in this Section 2.8. Use of the Services for serving video or a disproportionate percentage of pictures, audio files, or other non-HTML content is prohibited, unless purchased separately as part of a Paid Service or expressly allowed under our Supplemental Terms for a specific Service

I’m planning on having video streams on my site, but without caching anything that isn’t cached by default. From what I read, video files such as MP4s aren’t cached on the stock settings. So what I’m asking is, would the TOS only be broken if I manually forced my videos to be cached on Cloudflare (which I won’t do), or does it just apply to any site that has excessive videos, cached or not? If it’s the latter, how can I prevent videos from being served through Cloudflare without disabling proxy?

Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.