Does Cloudflare only respond to Support Tickets on paid plans?

Hi there,

I’m new to CloudFlare, I just signed up 5 days ago for the free plan, and was excited to evaluate if this service will meet my needs.

I followed the instructions to add a site, changed my nameservers, and paused the CloudFlare service while my SSL was being issued so as not to break my website in the meantime.

After 24 hours, the Crypto/SSL panel still showed “Authorizing Certificate”. So I followed the advice to contact support by creating a ticket. It’s now been 5 days since I added my site and 4 days since I created a support ticket but there has been no acknowledgement or response to it.

I posted in the SSL forum for assistance as other’s have done citing my ticket number, but still no response.

I’m wondering now if Support tickets are only monitored and responded to if you are on a paid plan, although I could find nothing confirming this. It just seems very strange not to have received a response (even an automated one) after 4 days.

I’d love to see what CloudFlare can do and even add additional sites to the service, but so far I’ve not been able to try it out.

Hey @jay3,

Sure we respond to Free queue, with way less priority than the paid-plans and no SLAs (which I’m sure you can understand).

Could you give me the name of your domain so I check this for you?

Hi @stephane,

OK great, thanks for confirming that. Makes total sense that free plans are not prioritized like the paid plans. I thought either support was reserved just for paid plans or somehow my support ticket got eaten by gremlins. The ticket number is #1482029 if that helps?

@jay3, you’re now good to go. I’ve re-enabled your domain but gray-clouded your records to validate the SSL verification.
You just now need to orange-cloud the records you want to proxy on us.

Thanks @stephane that’s fantastic.

Should I do anything different next time I add a site? I have other domains I would like to add too. Should I not have paused CloudFlare while waiting for the SSL to be issued?

Sorry @jay3 ticket backlog has been a little high this week (seasonal surge)… members from other teams have been jumping in to help out the support team work through it, but sorry that your initial experience wasn’t as good as it could be.

I have used cloudflare services and added more than 30 domains on my cpanel interlinked with webmin. I always used api to get the cname records.

I recently have added 2 more domains. But when I tried to enable ssl it doesn’t show the status. Not even “Authorizing Certificate”
The status is gone for those 2 domains.

First domain:
I tried to use the api to get the certificate verification details so that I can add the cname records to cpanel, but no use. running the api don’t give the cname but its asks for http validation [ or file upload verification], but it neither provides the url for file verification nor its content in the api. All that I received was a lot of 'null’s

Second One:
When I try to get the ssl verification details I get the following error:
There are no certificate packs eligible for verification on this zone

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.