Does anyone know how to solve 1040 Cloudflare error code that is coming up where my site should be visible?

Site is down & I see that error code message instead. I have the domain going through cloudflare to a Teachable account.

I am unable to access my back end admin in Teachable as well & get this message.

Everything was running fine for the longest time. When my domain renewal came along, it lapsed because I forgot I had GoDaddy tied to an old card I don’t use anymore.

The site went down.

I renewed with GoDaddy and was told it would be up & running in 24 hours.

The site continued to stay down & now I have this error message from Cloudflare…

The page says this:

Error 1014

Ray ID: 6afbaee69ed62269 • 2021-11-17 20:24:33 UTC

CNAME Cross-User Banned

What happened?

You’ve requested a page on a website that is part of the Cloudflare network. The host is configured as a CNAME across accounts on Cloudflare, which is prohibited by security policy.

What can I do?

If you are interested in learning more about Cloudflare, please visit our website.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 6afbaee69ed62269 • Your IP: 47.200.106.96 • Performance & security by Cloudflare

What is the domain name? We can check it to see.

Depending upon for how long it lapsed, our systems may have detected an issue with the nameservers and removed the zone from our network. That usually takes > week, btw.

1 Like