Does a bulk redirect to a different domain need DNS records?

I have a domain registered with Cloudflare whose only purpose is to Bulk Redirect to a page on a different domain. For example, the only purpose for abc.com is to Bulk Redirect (already set up in Cloudflare) to xyz.com/the-abc-page/ . Is it okay to delete all existing Cloudflare DNS records for abc.com, the domain whose only purpose is to forward to a different domain page? abc.com was originally on bluehost with Wordpress and cpanel etc., but I would like to disconnect abc.com from bluehost completely.

You need a DNS record here for any hostname you want to redirect with a Bulk Redirect.

If that hostname is only for redirects, you can use a Placeholder DNS record, such as AAAA of 100:: or A of 192.0.2.1

2 Likes

Thank you! I searched on pieces of your answer and found a similar question in the Cloudflare community by someone who did not start with a website like I did but went straight to a redirect rule, but didn’t know what to enter for DNS records. That shed further light on your solution. The link to that discussion is at https://community.cloudflare.com/t/create-a-aaaa-records-for-url-forwarders/479027

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.