Do I still need the plugins like Super Cache or W3 Total Cache (W3TC) with Cloudflare CACHE-EVERYTHING?

Do I still need the plugins like Super Cache or W3 Total Cache (W3TC) with Cloudflare “CACHE-EVERYTHING” rule?

In general you don’t, but for wordpress, I suggest at least one extra caching plugin like the ones you mentioned as it can automatically purge cache when you update content.

Purge cache is not a problem since I do it manually from Cloudflare settings when I update a post. Also, my comments are lazy loaded and are not cached. Do I still need it?

Yes, you do.

A Wordpress caching plugin will generate static HTML files for each page so it doesn’t have to re-generate every page whenever Cloudflare does connect to your site for a page.

I got your point. So, it is basically for the first hit which is going to happen once every 30 days (as per my rule).

It’s the first hit of that specific page or resource, through each Cloudflare datacenter. So a New York visitor will hit your server once, then a Los Angeles visitor will hit your server once, and so on.

Then your cache will expire in 30 days…or less. Low-traffic resources get purged pretty quickly, like in less than a week.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.