Do I need to use the API on a none word press site with no way to use the plugin?

api

Hi, I have set up Cloudflare and my host and all looks fine (orange clouds). Up until now, I have only used Cloudflare on WordPress sites with the ability to add Cloudflare check via a plugin, My Latest site has been built in ShopFactory and is HTML based from a builder on my pc

my question is - how do I ad my API key to a none WordPress Site, without the use of a plugin, does anyone know if I can and how to do it? thanks.

Please advise asap.

You really don’t need an API on your website. I do all my Cloudflare work from the Cloudflare dashboard.

What do you need your website to do with the API?

Thanks for getting back to me

I have around 20 websites on WordPress and they all have a plugin that confirms it is setup and running correctly using an API from Cloudflare
(The easiest way to enable SSL on your WP site
Version 1.8 | By Michael Thomas & Mark Hess | Visit plugin site )

But this particular website I setup is not on word press it’s a store builder called SHOPFACTORY v10 its hosted on 123-reg.com and is html files in a ftp account so I had no way to use a plug in and I was wondering how I could get confirmation it was all setup correctly to keep Google happy with SSL on my store. Its only for show as I actually use PayPal for the transactions so as I understand it I do not really need a ssl certificate other than it looks good to Google ,

I setup and got all orange clouds so I went to get the API as normal and realised I had nowhere to put it.

I only added Cloudflare 10 hrs ago it may not of got round the net yet ??

Expect A Great Day

Dean
Dean McDonald

It looks great with HTTPS. To make sure all your visitors use HTTPS, go to your Cloudflare Crypto settings for that domain and make sure the following are turned on:

• Always Use HTTPS
  • Automatic HTTPS Rewrites

Wow that was easy, should I do that for all my other domains on Cloudflare ?

Expect A Great Day

Dean

Dean McDonald

If you can load your site with HTTPS, then you should definitely do this.

I will go sort the rest out thanks.

Expect A Great Day

Dean

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.