Do I need to use another cache plugins?

Dear Cloudflare?

May I know do my site need to use another plugins with your plan pro?
Such as WP-optimize,Autoptimize, WP rocket and different kinds of cache plugins.

Is your auto cache and APO functions including database? we just do not want to use different kinds of plugins that make the performance of my site into a worst degree, such as the responsive time.

Thank you.

Rgds,

Barry

It’s best to optimize your WordPress site with the usual WordPress tools. APO really does just one thing: Cache an HTML URL when it’s safe to do so. Without APO, Cloudflare does not cache HTML, so APO will greatly speed up your pages for users who are not logged in.

APO does not touch your database.

1 Like

You don’t require caching from this plugin when your are using APO

While none of these are required, if Cloudflare hasn’t cached the page, it still needs to pull it from the server. Having a page cache on the server speeds up this process.

1 Like

OK noted, thank you,but site speed still very bad around 7 seconds even open APO and your cache function, would you please have a check?
QQ图片20211031163945|690x136

Thank you Sdayman,but site speed still very bad around 7 seconds even open APO and Cloudflare cache function, would you please have a check?

What do you mean if Cloudflare hasn’t and how do we know, we do not want to check daily please.

Share your domain so that I can take a look

exactly what @sdayman is true.

@Barry45613 To fully optimise a site for performance and speed, you need to optimize 3 segments.

1. segment 1 - connection between visitor and CF edge server i.e. CDN cache, WAF, Firewall, Page Rules, Mirage, Polish webP, HTTP/2, HTTP/3, CF Workers (i.e. custom/advanced caching) etc
  2. segment 2 - connection between CF edge server and your origin i.e. Argo, Railgun & Full SSL/ECDSA SSL certificates
  3. segment 3 - your origin server’s performance/optimisations i.e. web server, PHP, MySQL server optimisations and server hardware specs.

Cloudflare can only help for segments 1 & 2 for cached guest/non-logged based visitors. Now for Cloudflare CDN cache miss/bypass and logged in user for web apps like forums/wordpress performance is determined by segment 3.

So dynamic pages’ performance could purely be due to segment 3 factors related to your origin server itself i.e. web server, php and/or mysql database performance which need optimizing and/or better hosting or sometimes Wordpress plugins or origin side improvements.

I am also a page speed performance addict so optimise my pages for Google Core Web Vitals where possible. I wrote a guide for page speed test tools for my users you might find useful too at Google Page Speed Insights and Google Core Web Vital metrics

1 Like

http://wdful.com, tested APO is not working even we opened it on background of Cloudflare and your plugin at Wordpress on Friday, please have a check, thank you
Please contact me by [email protected] if any question, such as permission.

Slider are not good for performance, so just removing it, also use redis.

Thank you so much for your information and we will check one by one, but now we do not know why speed index remains so long for site http://wdful.com/? tested APO was not opened and working.

Speedindex is slow as your origin server is slow taking up to 8+ seconds to respond from my Webpagetest at 4G - moto g4 emulat...ia EC2 : wdful.com - WebPageTest Result

median run is run 2 4G - moto g4 emulat...ia EC2 : wdful.com - WebPageTest Details

on this run TTFB = 4510ms = 4.51s is the time it took for your origin server to respond.

this is a segment 3 issue that Cloudflare won’t help with

@eva2000 ,thank you, we are now just using shared hosting, but we do not know the performance is so bad, we need a better server, do Clouldflare have? and do you have any suggestion that is cheap and nice? :slightly_smiling_face:

How do you think of those cloud server free? we wanted to have a try at Google but stopped.

By the way, now we need to do SEO also

price/cheap is relative but I don’t use shared hosting as you’re competing with other shared customers for server resources and thus potentially slower performance. I usually use VPS or dedicated servers and self hosted. But for shared hosting, probably good to ask at https://www.webhostingtalk.com/ and https://www.reddit.com/r/webhosting/

Yes exactly, but we are start the independent site this year and want to be save, do you have recommendation about VPS or dedicated servers or Cloud servers?
How about Cloudflare?

I use Upcloud VPS for my Wordpress blog https://blog.centminmod.com/ and other VPS providers I normally use are Linode for US/Sydney/EU and Hetzner for EU then combine that with Cloudflare in front :smiley: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you, and anything? please send us a message once APO worked.

Choose a good theme I suggest woodmart and try using less plugin. Use redis cache and wp rocket it’s way more optimized for woocommerce. Make sure you check the memory allocated for wordpress.

Thank you, no more than 10 plugins we just activated and theme is in optimizing, do you know we can only use one between you Cloudflare and WP rocket at WP?
Have you made APO work normally for my site? please contact support and contact by email if any permissions needed.
And how do you think of the server? I am interested at Alwyzon now

Try digital ocean it’s cheap and performance optimized